Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BAD DESIGN


I bought myself this alarm clock several months ago. I thought I just need an alarm clock which can tell me time and wake me up, so I chose this simple and cheap alarm clock at the end.

Actually, after using it for several days, I realize it is quite inconvenient. Just look at its switch. I can use this switch to turn on or turn of the alarm. It is at the back of the clock and so tinny. Every morning, when the alarm rings, try to find the switch to turn the alarm off really drive me crazy. You know, people are always unconscious when they are suddenly waked up by the alarm clock. The normal way is to turn off the alarm quickly, go on sleep for several seconds, then get up. But this alarm clock can really become a headache. I have no idea to turn off the alarm quickly. I always grab it in front of my, trying to find this tinny switch. This can take me several minutes.

And the position of its battery is also strange. We get used to put the battery on the bottom of an object. But for this clock, the battery is on the top. And there is only a narrow raised thing to open the cover of the battery. Can you imagine when you have no idea to turn off the alarm; you also have no idea to take the battery out.

In addition, the words on the back of the clock are transparent. I always need to have a very close look to distinguish which button is for changing time and which button is for changing the alarm time. I also get very confused why the clock needs a cover…

No comments:

Post a Comment